Monday, April 20, 2009

Columbine 10 Year Anniversary...

It's been 10 years...10 years!!! It doesn't seem like that long ago. I was at Bible College...I can't believe Bible College was 10 years ago.

Six months after the tragedy, some friends and I from the college put together a youth rally for 4,000 high school students. One of my friends, Jill Battaglia, lived in Littleton for some time and knew many of the students who were there, including Rachel Scott, one of the young girls who died because she claimed to be a Christian (www.racheljoyscott.com). She would be 28 this year.


Her older sister, Dana, and younger brother, Craig (who was at the school that day, a sophomore at the time), came out to be the main guest speakers. I led worship with my friends from the college (picture at left, from the left: me, Dominic Balli, bass, Shane Horner, guitar, and Robby Kauffman, drums), and Jeremy Camp with Jean-Luc Lajoie from the Kry played a couple songs.

It was one of those random moments in your life that kind of passes you by quickly, but you look back when it's been 10 years...10 years that Rachel and others never got to see. 10 years that Dana and Craig didn't have their sister...and I guess it just makes you...think, I guess.

10 years. So strange. Lift up a prayer to the Lord on behalf of all the vicitims of Columbine. There are many hurting families in Littleton today.